Most of the people reviewing Smart Home gear have some gear list on their websites. Mine will be no different.
Smart Home Gear
- SmartThings Hub
- This is the main way I automate a lot of the stuff around my apartment. Once I get the channel and blog up and running, we will be taking a look at webCoRE.
- Logitech Harmony Hub
- This is the center of my entertainment. You can impress your guests with a premium viewing experience when paired with your Echo, some lighting, and your voice.
- LIFX A19 Bulbs
- I have these all over my apartment and I love them.
- Amazon Echo Dot 3rd Gen
- I have two of these, one in my office and one in my master bathroom.
- Amazon Echo 2nd Gen
- I use this as my main smart home speaker.
- Apple HomePod, White
- Office stereo and shortcuts runner.
- SmartThings Motion Sensor
- This is an amazing little motion sensor I use in my office that connects to the SmartThings hub where you can automate all kinds of things.
- SmartThings Multipurpose Sensor
- I have one on my front door and one on my patio door.
- Wyze Sense Starter Kit
- Random motion and multipurpose sensors for my windows and master bathroom.
- Wyze Cam Pan
- I have this in my hallway.
- Samsung SmartThings Outlet
- Sonos One Gen 2 White
- This is a nice speaker for my bedroom but it doesn’t have much in the way of automation abilities.
- Aotnex for Wyze Cam Pan Outlet Wall Mount
- The Dot Genie Amazon Echo Dot 3rd Gen Wall Mount
- Tabletop Bulb Base
- I have this sitting on my bookshelf in my office and I love the way it looks. Thanks Smart Home Solver!
- LIFX Z LED Strip
- I love this little strip.
- Nanoleaf Rhythm
- This has been on my list for a while and it is on the way.
These are just some of the things I’ll be reviewing over the next year.
My biggest inspiration for starting this channel, blog, and the like is Smart Home Solver’s YouTube channel. I’ve devoured all of their content. For starters, check out Reed’s Smart Office.
It is not advisable to waste money. Oh well. ↩